Thursday, August 10, 2006

Why I chose IB psychology?

Ever since I could remember, I've always wondered why various people react differently towards certain situations. One of my favorite hobbies is guessing what people around me are thinking and what situations and problem they are dealing with by looking at their behavior and facial expressions.

Psychology, in my definition, is the study of people's behavior. It is how they react to certain situations due to various reasons. Since human beings are the most complex living organism, it would be interesting to study what we think and feel.

I chose IB Psychology primarily because I realize that living in society requires frequent interactions with other people. Being able to understand what they are thinking and how they are feeling, and being able to emphathize with their emotions will make my relationships with others strong and long lasting. Through the study of Psychology, my goal can be achieved. Apart from learning about others, I could learn more about why I feel or react a certain way to situations, which I could not understand in the past. I believe that taking IB Psychology will not only give me a better insight to the world, but will also give me a better understanding of myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Like you, I also often wonder what peoples' expressions mean-- it all seems so fascinating. I agree with you about how studying Psychology would help strengthen relations with others, and how you would be able to put yourself into other's shoes--a very important aspect of any relationship. I feel the same as you do, as to how the course would help us discover why we do things we do. Sooooo, good luck-- hope it'll help both of us in the future!! >.<

3:55 PM

 
Blogger Peter Anthony @ SAS said...

Pang
You have outlined some very good reasons for studying psychology. People are fascinating and you will better understand yourself and others. Hope you enjoy the course.

11:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home